We have had such a busy and fun filled three weeks! September 26th was Pete's 24th birthday!! I tried to make him breakfast the day before his birthday as a special treat because all of you who know me know I don't make breakfast haha, and of course I burned the eggs and only had enough batter for 1 torn up waffle and one baby waffle. Even though Pete really appreciated my efforts and refused to admit that my breakfast was a royal failure I was determined for him to have a tastey birthday breakfast.....

So off to McDonalds we went!!

When we got back home Pete opened his birthday presents

He got them all set up right away! We had to get him some mutes for his drum set so that he could play them in our apartment without making our neighbors want to kill us in our sleep

On Sunday, Pete's actual birthday, we went to his parents house for dinner and we ate the cake I made for him! That cake was so much fun to make! I put lots of Pete-ish things all over it like a Reeses package, a snowboard, a "Y", a St. Louis Cardinals logo, a guitar, and drum sticks :)

Pete and Tylin on his birthday

Pete and I's niece Addi was sitting at the dinner table and just started singing! It was SO cute :) Tylin (Our other niece) joined in too!
The next weekend was General Conference which was amazing as always. I think my favorite talk would have to have been President Uchtdorf's talk in the Saturday morning session about getting back to the things that are really important in life and how we need to not let our busy schedules get in the way of our four most important relationships; the relationships with our families, our God, our friends, and ourselves. It was just so uplifting. We actually got to go to the Conference center for the Sunday afternoon session!

The next weekend we went to lunch with Pete's family before the BYU vs. SDSU game and they gave me an early birthday present, a new scripture bag!! It is so cute and has plenty of room for everything! I love it! I used it at church the very next day :)

The game was so much fun!! The weather had cooled down and we actually redeemed ourselves and won!!

We went with Dan and Tia which was fun :)

That next Tuesday was MY birthday!! I am 22! It was one of the best birthdays I have ever had thanks to my awesome husband :) He threw me a surprise party!! I was so excited to see all of the friends that came, I just love them and we had such a great time!
Pete having fun with the balloons Kardin and Mariah brought me
One of my very favorite birthday gifts!! Pete and I used to have a Beta fish named Vern but he died :( So Mariah and Kardin go me a new fish! Meet Floyd :)
Another one of my favorite gifts...but I loved them all!












haha nice! You're blog looks so cute! i'll get that video and other pictures to you guys sometime! Oh and I love the name Floyd!
ReplyDelete