Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bonjour and Brambles

I just started my new job today! I work at Brambles Boutique and I had a great first day there! It's just a really cute little store right next to my apartment which is really nice. Of course, the only problem is that I am tempted to spend every penny I earn in there. Brambles has all sorts of adorable stuff, there are antiques and cool funky jewelry, shabby chic furniture, candles, lotion basically everything that is exactly my style. The owner is also really cool, her name is Lisa and she is so fun! I know it's just my first day but I'm really hoping that for the most part things go like they did today because it was awesome!

My french class is going well, my teacher is really nice and even though languages are SO not my strongest area she makes it fun. The scariest part of course is that as part of the whole immersion teaching process the teacher speaks entirely in French. Even the instructions are in french which of course makes me think "if i understood what you were saying right now then wouldn't really need this class would I?" But it's fun. Everyone in my class is in the same boat as I am so I don't feel so bad, I just look confused along with everyone else and as a million questions. Well, let me correct myself on one small thing, everyone in my class is in the same boat as I am except for ONE guy. There is one guy in my class who seems to have a pretty dang good grasp on the french language to be taking a 101 class. He is even living in French housing on campus! Come on now sir, really? Of course I had to be his partner for one of the activities and he just started rattling off to me in french. I just stared at him like an idiot. Which of course caused him to sigh heavily and repeat what he said louder and slower. Really? Did he really think that if he talks slower that I would suddenly be like, oh thanks NOW I speak french fluently. I just didn't a minute ago. Am I bitter toward this guy who is showing off his superior skills in my 101 class? Absolutely. Oh well! For the most part i am loving french. Au Revoir!

4 comments:

  1. okay where is this boutique?? I SO want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's on the corner of S State and 960 S! It's adorable, you'd love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome you got a job there! I'll have to come check it out sometime! Also, I loved the story about your French class, it made me laugh. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice to have the job so close. When we were first married I worked retail too, and that is where a lot of my money went....but if you get a discount and wait for a sale you get the best buys and then it really isn't that much and I always figured I was going to buy it anyway why not be in the place that gets me the best deal???? French, very exciting! Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete